About The Writer

Peanut Butter, Jelly, and Spinach Sandwich: Surprising Delicious


One beautiful morning, on a little hiking excursion, a friend offered me a sandwich. I'd only eaten banana bread muffins for breakfast, so I was feeling hungry. I asked him what kind of sandwich it was. "Peanut butter, jelly, and spinach," he replied, nonchalantly.

Most people would raise an eyebrow at this unusual combination, but I really like my vegetables, and was happy to give it a try. Surprisingly, I couldn't taste the spinach. It tasted like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with a pleasant crunch. He put a very generous amount of spinach on the sandwich, and still no flavor came through to disturb the tasty classic. The next week, I make peanut butter, jelly, and spinach sandwiches for my work lunch.

This could be an amazing replacement for the delicious, but nutrient-lacking classic for yours or your child's lunch. As an added bonus, it's still a very quick and easy sandwich to make. Enjoy this sweet and salty classic with a major boost of Vitamin A, Vitamin C, and a surprising amount of protein. This is an especially good option for vegetarians and vegans.

To make this, simply top off your PB&J with a couple of handfuls of prewashed, bagged spinach leaves.
Peanut Butter, Jelly, and Spinach Sandwich: Surprising Delicious Peanut Butter, Jelly, and Spinach Sandwich: Surprising Delicious Reviewed by Zee on February 09, 2018 Rating: 5
Powered by Blogger.